View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 20:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Samuel,

You continue to misrepresent Dr. Atkins' diet recommendations and website. The nuts are an additional flavoring to the low-carbohydrate desserts and snacks offered in Atkins' products and constitute a very small part of one's total diet. That is far different from your suggestion to "make nuts their major source of fat" and to refrain from eating red meat and eggs because "if you eat large amounts of fatty red meats and eggs which are allowed in this diet, you may raise your cholesterol to an unsafe level."

Dr. Atkins has proven over his 40 years of experience treating people with obesity, heart disease, diabetes and other ailments that eating fatty red meat and eggs does not "raise your cholesterol to an unsafe level." Just the opposite is true. Dr. Atkins has stressed the importance of eating fatty red meat and eggs. He has suggest in his books to buy the fattiest cuts and eat all the fat. In fact, he suggested one ask the butcher for special cuts that have not had the fat trimmed as commonly done in stores today.

So, you don't like red meat. I suggest you eat it anyway for you own health. Many people don't like red meat but love whole grain products, fruit and honey. They are the ones who are, or will be, heading for obesity, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and an entire medical book full of other diseases.

Red meat is yummy. The beef slaughtering plant a few miles from my home processes 4,000 head of cattle each day for which I am very thankful. Red meat has restored my health and cured many ailments where doctors had given up. Cholesterol in red meat and eggs heals and nourishes the body.

Arctic explore Vilhjalmur Stefansson and his partner proved in a supervised study in 1928 that eating an all meat diet for one year resulted in an improvement in ones health including improving the cholesterol measurement that were available at the time.

Eskimos Prove An All Meat Diet Provides Excellent Health.

Kent