View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 11:03

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

RoseTattoo - perhaps that's why a variety is encouraged rather than eating the same things every day (as I tend to do) ! I'm not sure there is - especially these days - a "perfect" food. I think if you had your own biochemist, you'd be unable to ever eat again! And, I'm pretty sure your dog eats food with grains in it, so I think it's out of the question too . I totally relate on the peanut butter - it was my downfall this weekend - yet again... Thankfully I didn't have a full jar - otherwise it would have been disastrous! As for the almonds, just make sure you get enough omega 3's and the omega 6's will be fine. For the walnuts - pretty much every food including veggies, fruits, nuts, etc have some degree of poly's in them. The polys that are killer are the ones that are partially hydrogenated. I don't think the natural polys that come in food are to be too concerned over. I read somewhere (but don't remember where or even if it's accurate) that canned tuna is less contaminated w/ mercury than fresh tuna. Hopefully you will soon be able to actually enjoy the foods you're eating instead of analyzing them at each meal (which I've been known to do too) !