View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/159/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:35%/35%/25%
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am now reminded that Low-carbers are probably one of the friendliest groups on earth! And thanks for the reminder that my loss may be slow.... I'm not exactly famous for my "patience" and will need to keep being reminded. But my real goal for today is to arm myself with some ammunition for all the idiots at work who will preach about how bad this diet is and how foolish I am to be doing it. I can already picture at least three different people who will observe me eating something they THINK I shouldn't while on a diet, and when they start to lecture and I respond that I'm low-carbing, they'll get on their uninformed soapbox and ramble on and on. I don't understand people like that, if I don't agree with someone's theories, I just respect them, quietly. If someone ASKED for my opinion, I would STILL diplomatically answer in a way that didn't offend them. So why do so many people think they know better than you, and WHY do they feel free to shove their opinions down your throat?!?! No, obviously, these are NOT friends of mine, just people who happen to work in the same area, NOT by my choice. I really like to try and inform some people of the TRUTH behind low-carbing, but for others, I think I need something short and final like "thank you for your thoughts and opinions, I only wish you had waited til I ASKED for it." And you know what I hate most?!?!?! The know-it-alls who scream at you the loudest are the ones that, 6 months or a year from now, will come in singing the praises of low-carbing and preaching to all about how wonderful it is! They will totally have forgotten that you already KNEW all this - they will make it seem that THEY invented it! Sorry, I'm on a tangent here and venting . . . guess I'm getting ready for my breakfast experience at the office when I order my eggs and sausage. Maybe I'll just say . . ."Eat your hearts out, suckers..... I'll see you in two weeks on the scale when we have our weigh in!" (I'm part of a company wide "competition" to see which team at the office can lose the most weight in 10 weeks.) Sue