#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 17:08

Plan: CALP/Schwarzbien
Stats: 212.5/192/172.5 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Help please, IBS changes to diet, shopping list

Hi,

I am new to low carbing, in my fifth week and doing good except for acne and constipation which I have had since in my teens. I have been on a high fiber regime which has not worked at all! Used to eat prunes to get things going, but prunes are not allowed in the quantity i need for relief. I have read and read posts, and visited Kent's website following all kinds of links for hours last night and today. What a great site!!! Kent if you happen to read this I just want to tell you thanks for all those links, I am sure that was a lot of work. To anyone else here, you should check it out, if you haven't already.

Anyway, I am on a mission! Also just finished a 5 day course of antibiotics for a bad tooth. I am determined to make these changes today, already have starting with breakfast.

I have decided to start today following many tenents of Kents' website and have made a list of things to get at the store. I am disabled and low income, so I could use some input on what to buy first. Also I would appreciate any input as to supplements I am taking, or need to take. Any other advise at all is much appreciated.

Shoppping list

Beef, chicken, salmon, sardines, turkey, eggs, (all minimally processed) grain fed beef if I can find it.

Coconut oil, shredded unsweetend coconut, coconut milk, Thai cookbook from library, already have butter, olive oil.

Carlson's lemon flavored cod liver oil
Morton's salt substitute

Veggies - Low starch, have romaine lettuce, celery, spinach, onions, garlic, green onions, green beans. Need asparagus and What else? Can I have Mushrooms?

Fruit, already have avocados, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries all unsweetened. How much per day? Lemon or lime juice for cooking ok?

Desitin for acne - What is the active ingredient so I buy store brand?

I have probiotics, magnesium, chromium, vit c, multivitamin, vit e, alpha lipoic acid, and a bunch of other supps I haven't used lately. Anything really important I should buy?

Things I should avoid.

Soy, fiber supplements, grapefruits, oranges, milk, wheat, grains, rice, beans, peanuts, legumes, processed cheeses, cottage cheese, microwaving, sugar, artificial sugar, nitrates and other chemicals, cooking oils and fats other than olive oil, coconut, butter. Did I forget anything important?

Any input whatsoever is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links