View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:05
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

> Humans would never have evolved such a big brain without a huge saturated fat intake. <
Humans ate lots of brains once they figured out how to crack open the skulls (and bones) of other predators' leftover kills. Does the brain and marrow have lots of saturated fat? And, later, when humans developed the skills to hunt for themselves, where did the saturated fat come from? Why does Cordain warn against eating saturated fat, when he is supposedly the "leading expert" on paleo diets? AND, the most important question... could the problem be that GRAIN fed animals' fat is NOT the same as wild animals (unbalanced fatty acid composition/omega 6/9 ratio, reduced CLA, etc)? Could this be the reason for Cordain's warnings, as well as possible health problems associated with "a high (saturated) fat" diet? My personal hunch is that fat is VERY good (and necessary) for people... however, it may really depend on where that fat is coming from - grain fed animals or wild (grass fed) animals. I have been searching for grass fed food, and have found lots of farms near by that raise it (everything from bison, elk, deer, cows, pigs, chickens, lamb, etc). I plan on doing bulk purchases of this meat (and fat) and primarily eating this type of food (versus the grain fed stuff found at the local supermarket). Does anyone have any thoughts on these things?
Sponsored Links