View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:42

Plan: atkins/now cad
Stats: 179/154/155 Female 70"
BF:
Progress: 104%

Hi Jennifer7,
I just kind of made up my own recipe so you will have to play around with the ingredients. I steamed a head of cauliflower, I then cut it up and put it in the food processer. I sauted about 1/2 a sweet onion and celery and garlic in butter until soft and also added this to the processer along with the cauliflower and blended until smooth. I dumped the results in a pot and added chicken broth until I had the consistancy that I wanted. I let this come to a boil and then turned off the heat and added about 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1/2 a pound of crab. (I found some awsome crab at sams in the meat department, I am pretty sure it was blue crab, it was the best I think I have ever had). Just a hint the recipe was too much for me to finish so I took 1/2 of the blended cauliflower and crab and froze it. I will defrost latter this week and heat slowly and just add the cream at the end, I was not sure if this soup would freeze well with cream so I will add the cream at the time I reheat.
I added some cayenne pepper after i put the soup in a bowl and it was sooooooooo good. The rest of my family was having pizza and I did not even think twice about it, my soup was so good. I think adding the chicken broth takes away some of the cauliflower taste plus I really like cauliflower so this really works for me. Goodluck, I am sure you could use the same idea for clam chowder.