Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 10:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana
Hello Ladies
I stated before on one of my earlier replies, that I have been soooo uncomfortable with agitation and hot flashes sleepless nights and anxiety attacks flaring up again, that I was seriously thinking of going back on HRT. Well a trip to my doctor has confirmed that I would be a good candidate to go back on them. I was on a natural concotion that worked great..... Sooooo he gave me a new perscription and I have been taking them now for about 8 or 9 days and I think the flashes are beginning to lessen, the anxiety is lightening up, I know that much! You know, I guess I am willing to risk a little here, because the whole effect menopause was haveing on me was totally ruining my quality of life.

I'm new and am reading through this thread a adding my 2-cents as I go.

I'm glad to hear you went back on your natural HRT. I'm fairly sure only the synthetic stuff is bad for you---I should know. I began synthetic hrt (femhrt) in fall 2001. In mid-2002, I began lsoing hair. By the end of 2002, my libido had all but vanished. I had allergy attacks all over my skin. By June 2003, I had no libido, "warm flashes", poor sleep, and [since I began Atkins in March, 2003] a new shedding episode on my head.
I am now weaning myself off femht, taking Prometrium, 100mg, daily. On Aug 5, I see a new gyn, and go off FEMHRT. This is a new, low dose hrt, but still messed up my system. I managed to get through life W/O BCP, and now messed up with female chemicals
Time to take my life back, I say!!!

Women have been using natural remedies long before the drug companies screwed up a lot of us. In fact, I read that only westernized nations have a "problem" with menopause. Less "civilized" countries treat is as a nutral part of life, not a disease. [Although, if it weren't a disease here, insurance porbably won't pay...] We're so civilized and over-processed that our bodies don't know how to shift comfortably to menopause.