View Single Post
  #256   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 08:18

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Cynthia,

Welcome to our group. Really enjoyed reading your post. I know the urge to lose pounds fast is always there, but personal experience tells me to fight that urge. Slow and steady is really the best way to go. Along the way you will find many insights into your eating habits, exercise habits, lifestyle, and reasons you have put weight on in the first place. If you treat loosing weight as a learning experience you might find yourself making lifestyle changes that will keep that weight off you permanetly. I've come to realize for myself that loosing weight wasn't the issue. I've lost weight before and look where it's gotten me. For me the issue is making lifestyle changes that last forever. The weight loss is my reward for making those changes. You have already made a change in your lifestyle... you are working out. The process has begun. Make your lifestyle changes a habit and you will be on the road to permanent weight loss. Oops... I better get off that soap box now. LOL!

Nuts make a great snack, and will add the fiber to your system. Macadamia nuts are lowest in carb. If you have access to the atkins muffin mixes, you can also bake some muffins, refrigerate them for storage and just grab one and run. Jerky is great, but watch the sugar content. I make my own, but I think you might find some online that is sugar free (low carb)... expensive though!

Wishing you great success!!
Sponsored Links