Thread: Dr. Crooks test
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 21:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/273.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Kent, thank you so very much, you have given me a wealth of information, and a beaming ray of hope!
I am sitting here, literally in tears, to think that there is really a chance that I can improve this condition, and eventually actually lose weight! When I had found the atkins diet, I was so full of hope, I gave up all my carbs, which was SO hard, especially spaghetti, mashed potatoes, Pepsi, and chips.Oh, and chicken from the deli that has breading on it. But , I just knew that I would melt away to a beautiful person, instead of packing around enough of me to be two slightly overweight women rolled into one! After only loosing 10 lbs, in over 6 months, I have gone through many bouts of loosing any hope that I could ever lose weight.

I read this this morning, and, jotted down the things you said, before I had to run out the door. I have discovered, today, that no one in my town sells the live acidophilus , and that the Lady at GNC who suggested that the reason I can't cure the yeast infection is that my husband and I are passing it back in forth "if you know what I mean" she said. I explained to her, in simple terms, for the second time, that I had a digestive system yeast infection, and that I don't suffer from a "feminine" yeast infection. I didn't find either GNC employee to be of much help, but, I did find a few of the things on the list. They didn't have Calcium/Magnesium that said chelated, and the salesperson didn't have any idea what that meant, (neither did I, but, it wasn't my job to sell them either, LOL). The didn't have a sublingual B-12, they did have a liquid, that you take 1ml per day, it contains stevia. I bought it for $7.00. I also bought Magnesium,Fennel Seed, and Boron 3. I hope that these are acceptable. They didn't have a plain Boron.

One of the links on your site said that Oil of Oregano would kill yeast quickly. (it also mentioned that it caused diahrea too). That same page listed Fennel, and Golden Seal as anti-fungal. Fennel Seed was the only form of fennel they had, 500mg. The Oil of Oregano was $25.00, so, I was a little reluctant to buy it, for a 0.5 oz bottle. I thought I should ask you about it first. Is this something that I should try?

Also, I would like to ask if Cooking with Extra Virgin Olive Oil is ok? I have started doing this, and was wondering if I should continue. I would really like to have some of the coconut oil to cook with, but I am not sure how easily I could get it. I live in a very small town, and , other than pharmacies, we have one GNC, and Walmart, for healthfood and vitamin/mineral supplements. I Saw that Garlic was anti-fungal, so , I added garlic to both meals that I ate today.

I appreciate you, your site, and your helpful information more than you will ever know, and I hope that soon I have great news to report! I will try to get more of the supplements this week. I can't seem to find a multi-vitamin/mineral that doesn't contain iron, though!

also, is canned Tuna acceptable?

Oh, many of the supplements in GNC were extremely expensive, two of them that you listed were actually more expensive than the Coenzyme Q-10! However, I have some Co-Q10 that I bought on Clearance at Walmart, for $2.00, and, I have some Borage oil for heart health that I bought there also, for $1.50. Should I take borage oil, as well?

Thanks Kent, Your advice has been the answer to my prayers. Blessings to you!

Amber