#3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 13:25
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%
Post the plan

1. Atkins says to eat either 3 cups salad, or 2 cups salad and 1 cup acceptable veg per day. Can I also add more salad or acceptable veg, as long as I stay under 20 grams net carb per day? Or is veg intake strictly limited for some reason?

** Veggies are your #1 concern after meat. Eat as much as you can get away with, without going over your daily allowance. If you're smart about it, you'll go for the fiber-dense dark green veggies that are high in phytonutrients. It's all about more "bang for the buck". **

2. A few days ago I noticed a metallic taste in the back of my mouth. Quite a few people on this board mention that as a symptom of ketosis, so I was really excited. But it went away the next day. Was I in ketosis for a short time and then went out? Or does that symptom come and go?

** Ketosis/lipolysis has different effects on people. Some taste a funny metallic taste. Some people get HOT. Some people just test purple on ketostix. **

3. I've lost 10 lb in 2 weeks (was cutting carbs before "officially" starting Induction), but no inches . Could that ALL have been water?

** I suppose it's possible, but the more probable answer is you didn't measure correctly the second time. **

4. I try to go to the gym 3 times a week, 35-45 min cardio and 5 or 6 weight machines each time. Should I do more?

** 3x per week should be your minimum exercise. Shoot for 5x a week if you can swing it. **

Good luck!