View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 12:19

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%
Default CAD/CALP It Does Work!

For those of you wondering if this WOE works, this is my story. I got up to 380 pounds in 2000. In February of 2000, we got a new car. The seat belt was not generous enough. I thought of getting a seat belt extender, but decided to lose weight instead.

I didn't want to do Atkins because of possible chest pains I had had before when trying it. I found out about CALP by searching for low-carb options on the internet. I bought the books and started the diet in March of 2000. The first month, I lost 45-50 pounds. I lost the remaining 50-55 pounds in the next 11 months, for a total of a bit more than 100 (I seem to remember being around 273-274 pounds) lost. I went off of LC. I think I gained about 10-15 pounds back and maintained that pretty well until March of 2002, when I had x-rays done. I found out I had arthritis, a permanent disability. I was not taking any medications for the pain. I gained to about 320 pounds. (my brain went crazy for a while)

In September, 2002, I went to a new Dr. At that time I was 311 pounds. My daughter joined WW September 18, 2002. I went to a meeting a week later. I did a lot of research about WW on the internet, and two weeks after she joined, I joined.

At first, I enjoyed the all the carbs I could eat and still stay on WW. But, two months into it, I had a gain (.4 pounds) and decided to go back to CALP.

I have been stalled at around 240 since mid-May. I was experimenting with different things (like Somersizing)and have started easing back to CALP as of this week.

So, it does work. I have lost 140 pounds from my highest weight. I still have a long way to go!
Sponsored Links