View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 03:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Hi arose,

I am glad the information has you started on the right track. Don't be to alarmed if you begin to feel worse as you restrict your diet. The die-off of the candida yeast will cause you to feel more sick. Stick with the program of extremely low carbohydrates in order to starve the yeast.

You should list your foods for others to review and comment. You can see the acceptable food and restrictions on my web page you gave. Even one slip will give the yeast what they need. Don't let them have it.

The key is eating red meat, fish, fowl and seafood with medium fat and some low carbohydrate veggies. Start with raw, fresh meats and veggies to prepare yourself. Do not buy any processed foods because they have hidden sugars. Avoid chicken and turkey that has been injected with the typical sugar and salt solution. The natural ones are listed as "minimally processed." Avoid all condiments and sauces. Don't eat any breath mints. Serving size should be a piece of meat the size of the palm of your hand for each meal. Fatty cuts are OK but avoid excessive fats to hold the calories down. Chicken thighs are great but don't eat the skin. Don't buy the dry, lean cuts like breast meat.

I believe that saturated fat is very healthy and heals the body, but you must place a restriction on your calorie intake as well as your carbohydrates. Be moderate on the fats. Use a little butter on your veggies but not a lot.

Some low-carb foods are unacceptable for candida yeast infections. Avoid yeast, vinegar, mushrooms, cheese and fermented products including Miso for an anti-Candida diet. Take a good probiotic for the good intestinal bacteria. It should be found in the cooler section of the health food store. Avoid products at room temperature because the bacteria are commonly dead. Try to do as much of the program on my web page as possible. Absolutely avoid the forbidden foods.

Bowel Diseases and Candida - News You Can Use.

Please keep us informed on your progress. Good luck.

Kent