View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 22:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%
Default Noticing a new trend in traditional diet products

As any other atkins dieter, i am constantly scanning the grocery shelfs for new low carb and sugar free products.

I started noticing a trend recently by the more traditional diet products such as slim fast and weight watchers, who have started offering sugar free and low carb products. These companies have typically marketed "low fat" diet foods that upon closer inspection, were loaded with sugar, rendering them almost useless. (a recent study showed that users of the slim fast diet who consumed a milky way bar twice a day as a meal replacement, instead of the slim fast bars, lost just as much weight!)

I started seeing products from slim fast, such as low carb bars, and weight watchers, such as sugar free ice cream sweetened with sugar. I wonder if it is because these companies are started to come around and understand the role of sugar in a diet, or are simply capitalizing on the growing popularity of low carb diets. IN either case, its good news for us since these larger companies have a bigger reach, and their low carb products are such to more readily available, and at lower prices.

Any comments?
Sponsored Links