View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 18:48
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

You've lost 20 pounds in less than two months, and you're calling that super-slow?!?! That's just about the *fastest* you can safely lose! I think you're doing this exactly right for *your* body if you're losing two pounds a week. Now, if you've not lost any weight OR inches for a couplethree weeks, then you may need to shake things up a bit. But as it is, it sounds like you're doing fine. Adjust your outlook, not your intake .

FWIW, I don't necessarily think 100+g protein is too much at all -- in fact, you don't want to be too much lower than that, with your age, height, and exercise schedule. I've always eaten somewhere in the 100-150g range, and roughly1700-2000 calories, and it worked for me. You'll find lots of different figures for how much you should be eating, ranging from 0.6g per lb of lean body mass to 1g per lb of actual weight at the top end, depending on activity level. If I were you, I'd figure out what both of those numbers are, shoot for somewhere smack in the middle, and tweak from there if you need to.