View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 15:50

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Yikes! Sorry for the delay in responding -- we did get some fierce storms in this area, and my friends were without elec. for a very long time. No damage at our place, though. It was a very hairy night, though, wasn't it?

I fixed a crockpot of "taco chicken" yesterday (just toss a bag of frozen boneless, skinless breasts from Aldi's into the crockpot with a lot of cumin, some chili powder, olive oil, whatever you like, let cook on high til it is tender enough to shred.) Tonight for supper we're having some of the shredded meat mixed with some salsa, some chopped guacamole, some sliced green olives, a little shredded cheddar or Jack cheese, and a little sour cream. Hubby will probably have his with taco shells, son will use a couple LC tortillas, and I'll eat mine with a fork. <g> Tomorrow I plan to try something different -- will take the leftover shredded taco chicken and make a soup with chicken broth, some chopped green chilies, some chopped tomato, maybe some onion and garlic sauteed in olive oil and with a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice in it, and after it is cooked will melt a little jack cheese through it, and stir a little sour cream into each bowl. Will have to keep an eye on amounts, so as not to go over on carbs, but it should work out ok. Makes it easier having already made up the pot full of chicken, I can just spoon some out and play with it that night.

What's everyone else having lately?

Lene'