View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default looking forward...

I am looking forward to the improved me. I know the real me is there and I won't stop until I've reached my goal. About 6 years ago I had lost 50 lbs and felt great but gained most of it back when I moved in with my husband. In the 5 years that he and I have been together (almost 2 years married), I had never told him how much I weigh. He has always been skinny all his life and I never felt comfortable telling him even though I knew he loved me no matter how big I was. When I decided to start Atkins he was supportive so for the first time I actually told him how much I weigh. I know he's concerned about how my diet will affect his eating situation...he loves his potatoes, bread, and desserts. I don't deny him any of that stuff that he likes but I've cut his portion sizes down. And he's even taking salads to work. I thought it would be hard to make high carb food for him and not myself since I was so used to making all that stuff. But it's been fine so far. I even made a chocolate cake yesterday and I'm not even tempted....this coming from a true chocoholic is a miracle. I used to eat chocolate and/or candy every single day.

I am only in my second week of Atkins and lost 4 lbs in my first week. It's so hard to not check the scale everyday when I'm so excited to lose weight. I'm in "that time of the month" so it's probably slowed things down a bit. I find the hardest time for me is at night. Between dinner and bedtime while watching tv we usually have dessert. Now, I try to have a low carb snack. I'm going to try to get some more excercise into my daily routine.
Sponsored Links