View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I am currently in day 2 of a modified Fat Fast- and find that I am really not hungry on it. I had been plateaued for almost 3 months - am definately metabolically resistant. I use fitday.com to track my eating and was attempting to work through OWL - was still in mild ketosis by the sticks, at max of 28 carb grams but not losing weight but inches were coming off. I had added in the COQ10, the L-Carnitine and even CLA - don't get me wrong I love the inches I've lost since January 5th but needed to move the scale as well. (bust from 46-42, waist from 42--37, hip from 48--44) Well yesterday day one of modified fat fast - breakfast - cream cheese with 8 walnut halves, snack 1 deviled egg with ranch dressing, lunch cream cheese, snack- macademia nuts, dinner - 4 oz burger - no bun and green salad with caesar dressing - I wasn't hungry and didn't want my evening snack. Today I had cream cheese and walnuts some 3+ hours ago and still am okay - but better get some more water in. I am planning on doing Mod. FF through Friday then heading into low carb OWL again to see how it goes.
You haven't been on too long, so I would recommend double checking your intake again through fitday --- then maybe check into the Fat Fast. I got determined after I read another woman's post over on the Atkinsfriends.com board - Snowrose who is also metabolically resistant... that inspired me. I also have thyroid nodules so feel that I could be hypothyroid.
Best of luck to you.
Jan
PS I had lost 8 # on induction.