View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 08:08

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

I do not try to convince anyone to join me on Atkins. I read the book and made the decision for myself. After losing my cravings for carbs (my downfalls were popcorn, chips, candy, and ice cream) I decided this is a WOL for me. I feel like a smoker who finally stops wanting a smoke. I don't ever want to go back.

I am not a big meat eat and find that I don't really each a lot of meat on Atkins. I do eat lots more vegetables. I eat all the cheese I am permitter and some days a bit more. I get nuts full of good oil. I make some goodies like muffins, crackers, pancakes with low carb products. I know that I am eating healthier than I did before.

I watch my carbs closely for a time and then I up them and relax and enjoy for a while; then I watch the carbs closely again. I am now at 8 weeks on Atkins and have lost 13 pounds. Not the most; not the least; but definately something that makes me happy.

When I tell folks about my results and Atkins, I lend them the book and tell them to decide for themselves. We may want better for those we care about, but we cannot force them to do what we think will make things better for them.

Accept your relative's decision and support it.