#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 21:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/170/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Cool Greetings! Need LC Wisdom for Induction

Greetings, fellow LCers! This is a great board, so many supportive people. I've been lurking for a few weeks and now it's time to meet everyone. This will be a long post -- I need your LC wisdom!

I'm doing Atkins and just started my second week of Induction today. What a great WOE! I'm so happy to be on it...it's strict, but it's so easy to stick to, apart from the occasional cookie craving .

I've read DANDR a couple of times and refer to it every day, but there are a few things that confuse me, especially after reading how other people are doing Induction. So I have a couple of questions for you more experienced Atkins folks.

1. Atkins says to eat either 3 cups salad, or 2 cups salad and 1 cup acceptable veg per day. Can I also add more salad or acceptable veg, as long as I stay under 20 grams net carb per day? Or is veg intake strictly limited for some reason?

2. A few days ago I noticed a metallic taste in the back of my mouth. Quite a few people on this board mention that as a symptom of ketosis, so I was really excited. But it went away the next day. Was I in ketosis for a short time and then went out? Or does that symptom come and go?

3. I've lost 10 lb in 2 weeks (was cutting carbs before "officially" starting Induction), but no inches . Could that ALL have been water?

4. I try to go to the gym 3 times a week, 35-45 min cardio and 5 or 6 weight machines each time. Should I do more?

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer!
Sponsored Links