Thread: Advice, please
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 09:14

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 285/270/179 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thanks again. bluugrl, you're absolutely right about planning. I do that -- I'm dead in the water if I don't. I"m a believer in "habit is overcome by habit" (Thomas a Kempis), an early version of behavior modification! Once one has LC habits, then maybe it's possible to go free form, but I have a long way to go.

Karen, I have been putting it off until the end of the project (a biography), but it won't ever really end. My final deadline for revisions is September 1, but then I have to get out an issue of a newsletter, two quickie freelance projects, then start work on a quarterly journal that I edit and have to do a piece for -- and then I'm into dealing with the copy edited manuscript. I won't really be finished for another six or seven months, and I can't stand feeling, and looking, like this. (Sorry for the whine; I know we're all busy and don't mean to pretend I think I'm busier than anyone else )

I'm taking a regular multivitamin once a day, plus potassium, plus a calcium/magnesium duo three times a day. Money is an issue (none of my projects are lucrative; I'm a dance writer) so I don't have the budget for $100 a month in supplements.