View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/229/172 Male 5'11"
BF: Yes-VERY! %-)
Progress: 53%

We've ordered from Vitacost: http://vitacost.com/ a couple of times. We especially like their La Nouba fruit spreads...taste like the real thing (which they actually are, except for the sugar substitution!)

They offer a couple of different ketchups...Keto for one, in addition to the Atkins. Their prices are reasonable, and they do not gouge on S&H charges, but they do have an annoying habit of shipping only what they have in stock, so you may find yourself missing a couple of critical items after waiting 3-5 days for delivery.

A couple of our local stores (including Cub Foods...they're headquartered in Redwing, MN) have started small Low-Carb/Organic sections hidden away from their mainstream traffic areas. We found these by accident...these items apparently aren't sexy enough to warrant an ad budget.

I picked up a bottle of the sugar-free Log Cabin Syrup the last time I was in the grocery, along with a couple of boxes of the Atkins' Country White Bread Mix (3 carbs/slice). I was cautious after tasting the Atkins' Pancake mix (pure cement!), but the bread mix actually came out of our breadmaker tasting quite good. I'm looking forward to a couple of slices of honest-to-goodness French Toast w/Log Cabin Syrup and Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage this weekend...mmmm!