View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 16:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Thanks so much for all the information, everyone!

I had no idea there were so many different kinds of BP meds. Looks like the more weight you need to lose, the more likely it is your BP will go down eventually. Guess that ties in with what the doctor's been telling my Mom for ages.."You need to lose some weight!".

She has her next appointment Thursday. Here's hoping for at least a minor BP change downward--that's more important to Mom even than the weight loss.

Funny thing happened last night. Mom hasn't lost much since the 3rd week of LC and I've been telling her it's just the usual mini-stall, your body's adjusting, you're probably not eating enough, your BP meds could be slowing things down, etc, etc.
I suggested she give me a list of what she ate yesterday and I'd enter it into Fitday, so that we could see what might need to be changed. Big surprise--she ate 46 carbs in one day, first because she thought the carbs listed in the book for fruit was for a 1/2 cup instead of a 1/4 cup, and second, because I told her she needed more veggies, she ate 1-1/2 cups of turnip(12 carbs).
Oh well...this sure is a learning experience! lol

Thanks again, everyone. I'll let you all know how she's doing.

judy