#2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 21:55
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I don't plan well enough, I get sick of the grease (I'm not a soy substitute person), or, as has happened this time, I am so exhausted by the second day that I do nothing but sleep.

'Cause I'm such a die-hard, I think total abstinence works the best. Just live through it, cold-turkey. Prepare for withdrawal by making day one or two, one or two days before your before your weekend. Turn off the phone, close the blinds, have anything carby cleared out of the house, rent a bunch of movies and lie down on the bed and moan!

Quote:
I get sick of the grease (I'm not a soy substitute person),

Why you eatin' so much grease? You don't have to live off bacon or pounds of butter. Protein Power is lean compared to Atkins. What do you eat?

Now, you could do it slowly by eliminating carbs from your life, one by one. Stop drinking Coke and don't replace it with anything else. 2 weeks later, stop something else. This may work for the most stubborn among us, of which I was one.

You have to BELIEVE that being healthier is worth the discomfort and pain of carb withdrawal. You have to want it more than eanything else you can have in your life.

Karen