View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 12:01

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Ctywch,

I'm also one who doesn't have that much to lose (check my stats). I have discovered that in order to lose more than about a half pound a week I have to go easy on the sugar alcohols, Advantage bars, etc. I'm one of those people who don't absorb the sugar alcohols (the laxative effect applies to me), so it's not the extra carbs, but I think it is the extra calories. If you aren't having any gastro-enteric effects from the sugar alcohols then you may be metabolizing the sugar alcohols as carbs. Then you would be getting probably 20+ g of carbs more than you think you're getting each day. Plus you're also getting the extra calories. A double whammy.

Try going on strict, and I mean as in DANDR, induction for a couple of weeks PLUS drink at least 2 liters of water a day, more if you can. And try to intensify your working out a bit. Maybe that will work. But you're most likely not going to lose weight very fast. Those of us in our weight range just have to be patient to lose it slowly and surely.

Good luck

Joan