View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 08:13
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

AntiM, may I play the game of getting healthy with you?!

I love the idea of challenges, etc. BUT I am not posting either a before photo (yet) or my stats. I will TRUTHFULLY post my losses. Or gains. (God forbid!) And I will do the 12 weeks faithfully, putting in as much commitment as I have to staying the course in my eating program.

OK. I will jump in headfirst. These goals are for ME and yours are most likely different. I was wounded in Vietnam so my personal "challenges" may seem trite to some. Trust me, THIS will be a major accomplishment for me and my life! (Note: I DID NOT say IF I finish it!)

I commit to 12 weeks beginning TODAY, July 21, 2003 and ending October, 12, to the following:

1) 15 minutes of MORNING stretching 6 days a week (Stretching to the Classics w/ Richard Simmons)
2) using my cardio-Rider every other day working up to 10 minutes STRAIGHT without resting my bad leg.
3) use my "sitting" cardio video tape every other day (Sit Tight w/ Richard Simmons) working up to completeing the whole tape without resting my bad leg.
4) Upper body work out every other day (opposite the cardio)
5) daily walks with the expectation of being able to walk around a complete block without stopping by the end of 12 weeks.

Now this may seem to be either very much or very little. Point is it is my challenge to myself to help me increase my own mobility and help me to get back to doing the things I most enjoy in life. For ME, investing 12 weeks to improve the rest of my life is a real bargain. I WILL DO THIS!