#4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 03:29

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

hi emily
my story is a little bit different to yours
i didn,t start l-c to lose weight, i started it to balance my blood sugars.
i had started to have panic attacks and a lot other anxiety symptoms.the dr put me on prozac which i took for one week.for me it made everything worse so i started reading everything i could on anxiety.
i am diabetic anyway and some of the books i read said unstable bgs could cause my symptoms.i had thought i might be menopausal but afther a check up it was ruled out.i found that whenever i ate high carbs eg a banana,i would get a panic attack.they also happened when bgs dropped too low.this only started after i,d been diabetic for 6 years.
i started experimenting with different foods and lowering my insulin and found that the anx symptoms got a bit better. it took me a long time to realise that i was doing l-c to make me better but once i realised i bought every book on it that i found. i no longer take insulin, i no longer have anx or panic attacks.life is now normal.bgs are normal.i thank dr atkins every day for saving my sanity and my life.
although i wasn,t overweight when i started doing this, i am now 10 pounds lighter. that was a bonus.
good luck for your weightloss.
christine