View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 18:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%
Progress: 100%
Question Worried about upcoming day-long interview

Next week I have to go to Chicago for a job interview. I just received the interview schedule, and it is GRUELLING. I meet for breakfast with the chair of the search committee at 7:30am, and then have one interview after another with NO BREAK until 1:30 pm. I then have lunch with the search committee, and continue the interview at 2:45 until 5pm.

Clearly I'll try to have a hearty breakfast (without trying to appear too strange -- "OMG, he ate four eggs and half a lb of bacon!"), but what I'm most worried about is lunch.

I've heard a number of people say they have gotten sick when doing a cheat day. I'm somewhat hesitant to make demands on the search committee to have a "low-carb" lunch for me -- I suppose I could, but would rather not. That leaves me with trying to make the best of a potentially unsavory situation -- the LAST thing I want to do is get ill during the afternoon session, but I also don't want to appear too finicky and uptight about lunch -- unfortunately, it's those small impressions that can make the difference between a job offer an a nice polite PFO.

So, here's your chance to put that cheat day experience to some good! Can someone give me the skinny on what type of high-carbs food items to absolutely avoid? Avoiding sugar should not a problem (I'll just feign being too full for dessert), but if they take me to an Italian restuarant I'm sunk...

Help!
Sponsored Links