#18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 14:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccharine
i promise i don't mean to sound snippey, saltnpeppa, but this is "low-Carb Diets Forums & Support . it can be difficult to be supported when people don't know your "failings" or mishaps. it's often difficult to have a non-low-carb advocate understand and support someone who is devastated for consuming a slice of toast with jelly, and a glass of milk. but here, it makes sense to us.
cs_carver has a great point- just let your mouse hover over each thread before you enter- and you'll be able to avoid most of them. good luck and happy hassle-free low-carbing.

I know I can avoid the posts about cheating, and I DO. I could avoid the whole site, but IMO it would be your guys' loss. The posts about cheating have increased dramatically, to the point, where I (and I feel I'm a good community member who helps people where I can) don't enjoy visiting anymore. I wanted to know if others felt the same way, and if there's a solution.

After all, this is not the "low carb CHEATER'S forum". My understanding is that this is the place for people following this way of life.

Just like if you are alcoholic, you don't go to an AA meeting or web-forum and say, I'm planning to go out and get wasted next Tuesday and then asking 'hmm think that's ok??'.

They don't tolerate that. (and the implied question is should we?)

The point is not about those who make mistakes and don't have anyone to support them for having toast with jelly and milk (but umm.. didn't they read anything about being LC first?.. but let's assume, still, it was a mistake..). I 'm talking about people who plan cheats and post that they are planning to cheat on X day or binge on Z day and then want support.