View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 14:14
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

When I first started Atkins I cut caffine out completely. I now add back in regular coffee mixed with decaf on occasion. The difference is for one, I now longer need that regular coffee in the morning, it's a choice. I broke the origional addiction. Coffee does have carbs, and it can cause uneven blood sugar. Remember the less weight you have to lose the slower it comes off and the harder you have to work at it. There will probably be many times you will have to adjust your eating habits before you reach maintanance to get your body back on the losing track.

There are also times though when they body just takes a break. It can be after alot of loss when the body may need to catch up, maybe it stops at a weight you were for years because it's comfortable, or maybe it just needs to be reved up. Try adding a little more activity such as more walking or another small physical change. Look at the rest of your menu and see what you could try cutting out for a bit to see if it works.

I found when I cut out the caffine I no longer had nervous energy and had a more even midlevel energy throughout the day instead of peaks and crashes. The withdrawl was murder though and I had a low grade headach for the entire first week. It almost made me give up this WOE