View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 13:53

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Lightbulb Now Hold Up A Sec

Saccacrine, wow! on your 19+ weight loss since just this June! You must tell me your secret.

Now, on a little somber note:

Quote:
...it can be difficult to be supported when people don't know your "failings" or mishaps. it's often difficult to have a non-low-carb advocate understand and support someone who is devastated for consuming a slice of toast with jelly,

Me thinks you made a mistake if you were referring to us as "Non-Low-Carbers" isn't that a mistake? Anyone who has voiced an opinon about the "cheaters" are low carb advocates. THIS IS a low carb site. Did you get confused? If so, it's cool. You mentioned the "cheater's" devastation following the consumption of a restricted food and we should understand this? I beg to differ (politely) that they know that a piece of regular toast and a glass of milk is NOT a part of this lifestyle, so why do it? (you may refer to my previous reply). Please don't tell me it's snowing if I have dandruff on my collar.

The bottom line is they KNOW this is low carb, yet as I stated previously, people cheat for various reasons and some just get a kick out of playing "victim" role. "Look how you made me feel" or "Now you're being judgmental of me." If you know anything about shame-based behaviors, then you would be able to see some reason.

It's just too tiring trying to understand practiced mistakes.
Sponsored Links