View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 11:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%

July 20...Day 1
Did nearly 1.5 miles of WAP this morning...a couple of the moves sort of "bothered" my back, and the raised knee move was a bit irritating to it...but did it and that is the main thing. I will take tomorrow off and then Tuesday do it again...hopefully will get a wee bit further, and then Thrsday, farther stil.
Fingers crossed...since hurting my back, I have so missed the activity that I used to be able to do. I golfed nearly every one of my days off...swam...walked without difficulty...but for nearly 11 months, have been pretty darn sedintary...so slow but sure...and I will get my back stronger and my body fitter again.
I have always been over weight, but fit with it...played fast ball for 30 years...was a pitcher...and played badminton and volleyball in the winter to keep in shape. It all started falling apart a few years ago when I tore my achilles off the gastrocnemius muscle, had to quit ball, badminton, volleyball and bowling...left leg is very weak, has no push. So, took up golf, and stayed very fit with allthe walking and the amount that I did it, all year round...plus swam lengths a couple of mornings a week.
So, I have a long way to go to get even close to what I was...losing the weight will make that a bit easier hopefully...and persistence...and common sense. My first inclination is to just go nuts and go, go, go...but my back would stop me dead...so slow and easy, as much as it kills me to do that, will eventually help me win this race.
Now, off to the shower...then breaky