View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 15:22
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/151/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

I too found this to be a bit of a challenge. I think it depends on the size of the eggs, the amount of cream cheese and cream and the microwave oven. This is alot of variables and it has taken me several trys to get the dish the consistency that pleases me. I like it the consistency of a flan or custard and found the 2 minutes waaay too long...made it rubbery. Microwave ovens vary so you'll have to experiment, but here's my version:

2 oz cream cheese and approximately 1 TB cream in a bowl with rather high sides. Cook in microwave for 30 sec. on 40% power. Remove and stir until smooth. Add several drops of vanilla and 1 pkg Spenda and stir. Add 2 eggs (mine are extra large) one at a time and stir until smooth. Cook in microwave for 1.7 minutes on 70% power. Add a little butter and cinnamon and enjoy!

I experimented with both the amount of time and the power level so you might have to do the same. I have also found that it has a nicer consistency if I "cut" it up with the butter and cinnamon.

Think I'll not wait for breakfast....yummmm