#2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/169/150 Female 70 inches
BF:28/24.9/19
Progress: 37%
Default Re: Depo

I am new to the atkins diet (2 weeks) but definetly not new to the world of birth control. I was on the annoying pill for 2 1/2 years when I decided to start on the Depo shot for convenience. After about 15 months I started having unusual heart rythems: I would be doing nothing and my heart would start beating wildly. I would be short of breath, dizzy and my heart would start beating wildly from doing nothing more than standing up, or moving quickly.

Then my periods started doing what yours are may doing:unusually heavy and painful one month, spotting two weeks later, not another regular period for two months. And all the while my weird heart beats were getting weirder. I got spooked, went to a doctor and he took me off everything for 2 months then right back on the pill.

Since starting atkins, my first period has been about normal. I have not noticed any other birth control-to-diet related problems.

I hope you figure it out! and if your doctor gives you an idea other than the pill, please let me know. I would love to quit those things.