View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 11:44

Plan: Carb Cycle
Stats: 185/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%
Question Cholesterol question

I was doing Atkins, I had read the Schwarzbein Principle and was considering switching as it sounded much more balanced and she explained very well all the science behind it. Once I became pregnant I decided now was the time to switch. I have been doing well but now find I have a question.

It maybe that the Atkins mind set is in the way, or I missed an important detail in the Schwarzbein book.

I asked a question in a thread yesterday about Saturated Fat and High Carbs; Why it is bad to eat essentially High Fat/High Carb. I got the response the Saturated Fat is bad with High Carb.

Here is one of the responses:

Quote:
Re: saturated fat

The problem is cholesterol. It is increased insulin that sends saturated fat into the blood to deposit in the arteries. Low carb keeps the insulin down so the fat doesn't go directly into the bloodstream. So increased carbs and saturated fat can raise cholesterol. I read this in either DANDR or Protein Power, I think.

and ..

Does Schwarzbein have the same position as this? I understand that the high insulin levels are bad and will cause heart diease but doesn't have to be in conjunction with saturated fats.

*From her book**

(p82, SPI) She lists Stress, dieting, caffeine, alcohol, aspartame, tobacco, steroids, lack of exercise, stimulants, drugs, INSUFFICIENT proteins and fats with excess carbohydrates.

Am I understanding this incorrectly?

Sorry so long, just trying to get my head around this.
Sponsored Links