View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 21:35
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You don't have to up carbs for exercising. There are some plans that do this, they are more geared to body builders though. Atkins says exercise is a must, and if you exercise regularly you will have a higher carb tolerence level on maintanance, but you don't have to put carbs in.

Make sure to measure. Loosing inches is far more important then what the scale says. Also read the section on low carb tips about how fat is burned. It goes through how it first is replaced with water, which could be making the scale not budge for a bit, but inches go. Then you get a nice woosh as the water leaves.

If these aren't the case, you might try going through your menus and seeing what can be adjusted. Are you eating enough fat and calories? Are you getting too much protien? Your eggs are giving you around 40g so it would be dependent on the amount of meat your having. Generaly women need between 60-100g of protien a day. Does dairy such as cheeses possibly make your body stall? I started losing alot faster and felt much better after I cut out dairy. There is also a section of protien power that talks about how some people can be sensative to something contained in egg yolks, and that can cause them to stall. They recomend lowering the yolk intake somewhat and supplimenting with fish oils.

You may just have to have a little patience. Atkins is not a quick loss diet. Many people (me for one) go through periods of no weight loss, then it resumes again in kind of an up and down cycle. Hang in there and do what makes you feel your best