Thread: Glad to join
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 15:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/134/122 Female 63 inches
BF:25%
Progress:

Hello. I too have no more than 20 lbs. to loose. It took me a total of 6 weeks to loose 8 lbs. Seems like a lot of time, however many people gave me great feedback on my healthy time frame. It seems to me that if you have more weight to loose, it comes off faster than if you only have 15-20 lbs. to loose! Also, I understand that men can loose the weight more rapidly, due to denser muscle mass (lucky guys.) I also found that if I deviate with the carbs or sugar, I put on weight! I went thru heavy, intense sugar/carb withdrawls when I first went on the Atkins Diet....actually had 'drying out' symptoms for 2 weeks; dry heaves, shakes, light-headedness, dizzy, tired, bitchy, achy!! It confirmed to me how absolutely important it is to not continue to poison my body with my unhealthy addiction of all the sugar and carbs!!

I use Stevia now, instead of sugar. Beware of the super lo-carb goodies, too many will send you to the bathroom with screaming diahrreah (sp?)
Also, Spirulina help....and taking in some protein every 2 hours helps. Just stay focused. Once you put your mind to it, it gets easier and easier to resist the pastas, breads, chocolates and goodies!