View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 13:19

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default cedar rapids checking in <g>

I live in Springville, actually, a few miles from CR, but hubby works in town. Hey, anyone near here might want to check out the HyVee on the edge of Marion -- they just renovated, and have a new section chock full o' health foods. I found some good LC stuff, including Atkins bake mixes and flavored Splenda syrups, and lots of Bob's Red Mill stuff, including ground flax seed and soy flour, etc. No almond meal/flour, unfortunately, so I'm just gonna try to find an inexpensive source for whole almonds and grind my own in the processor.

New Pioneer in IC is a great place, BTW. Good source for hormone-free butter and yoghurt, cheeses, meats. A bit expensive for some of those things, but if you are saving on other things, it works out in the end. I used to get loads of dried beans and lentils and so on there, but will now be shopping with a different focus, obviously. <g> Great for sugar-free nut butters -- you can grind your own right there in the store -- and for spices, herbs, extracts, etc.

Just got a copy of the Eades' new LC "comfort food" cookbook from the library, and after looking at it, I suspect I'll have to cut loose the money to buy the darned thing. Looks great! I also have ordered a copy of the GO-Diet book from amazon, another LC plan that incorporates cultured dairy like kefir and yoghurt into their LC way of eating. I'm intrigued by it, wanted to see what they have to say. So far I'm doing PP and happy with how I feel on it.

Well, I've jabbered enough! <g> Nice to meet you all,

Lene'