View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 07:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/133/120 Female 5.325
BF:37%/25%/19%
Progress: 75%
Default Newbie with lots of questions....

Hi everyone! My name is Donna and I've just discovered this site! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Here goes.

1. How fast does the medication "work". I started taking .25gr (15mg) Armour Thyroid four days ago. Am I imagining that I am seeing improvement already? It seems like I am in a better frame of mind and am sleeping better.

2. I've read on this site where you should be careful of taking supplements with iron and zinc. Does that mean at all, or is it okay to take zinc as long as it is several hours apart from the thyroid?

3. Are there any other supplements/herbs to beware of while taking thyroid? I'm also fighting a Candida Albicans issue. My doctor prescribed Nystatin and Diflucan (I'll take both of those in two weeks on docs orders to see how thyroid affects me first) but I also want to take some of the herbs that are known to kill off some of those little critters like caprylic acid, oil of oregano, olive leaf extract, etc. I have already started using coconut oil which I know is great for both Candida and Thyroid.

4. I saw also that some oils were supposed to be avoided. Specifically, safflower oil. Would this apply to CLA which is from safflower oil?

Okay, sorry this so long...I think I had more questions, but I'll post them later.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links