View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 22:41
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs down non-support from family and friends ..

Shannon, I hear ya on the frustration. It would be so nice to get a little support and understanding, instead -- negative, criticism and "you'll be sorry" .. Aaarrghh. And, if you were to stop lowcarbing because she said it's bad for you, etc.... bla bla .. and you gained the 5 lbs back ... would she take responsibility?? No. She'd probably tell you you can't do anything right.

Of course you want to share your success and happiness at feeling that you're doing something right and good for yourself. But sometimes parents have a hard time seeing you and relating to you as anything but a 5 yr old. Trust me, this I know. So, you need to tell yourself that it's ok for your Mom to be wrong about this, and love her anyway .... and know for yourself that you're doing the right thing for YOU, but you just might have to do it "alone" ... without her approval.

And maybe, just maybe ... as she see's you being successful, and staying healthy ... she might change her mind.

Doreen

p.s. - I've edited a few letters in your post. I understand and empathize with your sentiment perfectly, but our Registration agreement is very clear about language.