View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 16:37

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%

It's very difficult in today's society to have 1 Dr that knows everything about you and every medication you are on. For every organ in my body I have a Dr. for it. It's not like the old days where you had 1 Dr and he treated your sore throat and your hemmies.

I don't know where you live, but the Drs. around here are very unsympathetic towards patients. All they want is their copay before you can even see them and then they shove you through fast to get on with their next copay.

I say go for it and turn her in. She was sweating it already by asking you if you were going to do it--she knew she did wrong. A friend of mine takes her 2 kids to a local pediatrician and they have billed her 3 TIMES for dates when she didn't even have her child to the Dr. She called their office the first 2 times and they admitted error, this last time she said that's it--and turned him in for fraud.

The sad thing is...is that you wonder who's chart he had and what information is wrong. Plus the immunizations---you wouldn't know if your child was getting the right ones or not. Big time mess.

Anyway, you were right to call and question about the medicine and you are also right in finding a new doctor. It took me 27 Drs to finally figure out I had diabetes---can you believe that? I took the Glucose Tolerance Test to 27 Drs and kept complaning of diabetic like symptoms and only did 1 Dr take one quick glance at the paper and say "you're a diabetic". He put me on medicine and I've been fine ever since. I struggled with sickness for 6 years, almost claiming my own life because I was so depressed and physically sick from it. 1 out of 27 Drs cared enough about me to diagnose me correctly...how sad is that.

Good luck to you--sorry for rambling.

"T"