Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: shwarzbein II
Stats: 174/???/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wanda,
we are both "coming out" so to speak....haha

Beth, I know exactly how YOU are feeling too.....
I've been edgy, hopeless, tired, down, feeling like I'll never get this weight off......ugh....

Wanda I'm also like you in regard to either having absolutely NO sugar to an all out binge. Moderation is a word that rarely enters my life.....
I hate having this "all or nothing" type attitude. For instance, last night I was eating some buttered popcorn as my carb and instead of stopping when I was satisfied (like a normal person) I continued to finish the bowl -- and then proceeded to make some MORE and finish that too.........
I suppose Dr. S is right about our feedback mechanisms being ALL SCREWED UP.....
This whole self-medicating thing kind of messes with your psyche a little too........ you crave the sugar or carb and then you get it in your mind that having it is OK because self-medicating is allowed..... but then you (or me) takes it a step farther..... one little square of chocolate turns into 2 squares and then 3............
(wanda, I'm also the same way with NUTS)
This is truly a BATTLE -- or more like a WAR......
I believe that if we keep plugging away -- following the plan, monitering ourselves daily with journaling etc... we will finally beat this darn sugar demon......
right now we don't have too much perspective because we are deep down in the trenches so to speak, but we will get there -- we just have to keep believing and trying...........

Listen to me -- haha I should really take my own advice sometimes.....LOL>..
anyway -- all this sugar talk is giving me ideas..... ahhhh.......

Stay positive and we'll get through this my sugar sisters.....

Wanda, try the dark choc. and see if that helps
ps. I used semi-sweet - but try the unsweetened -- that may work better.......

good luck
cristin