#4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 12:44
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Cristin:

LOL, I'm coming out of the closet (aka my journal) on this, huh?

Quote:
Maybe you could try that -- or get some dark choc. like Dr. S reccomends.

That was unsweetened chocolate, right? Kinda makes me shudder at the thought but maybe it might work. Problem is that I have company so it's not like I can toss out all the illegal treats and isolate myself alone in the house till I detox. I'm trying to function in the midst of all this and it ain't working. Unless I can find an alternative, I'll be self-medicating daily until the end of July.

Has anyone heard of any drug (I know, I know ) that would take the edge off and get me through the morning after? Yes, as you can see, these are the ramblings of a completely addicted, desperate woman. I promise my sanity will return..... Remember, this is not me talking.....

Hi Beth, you posted as I was typing this. My hangovers last at least one day, usually by mid-morning I'm really struggling with low blood sugars. The effects are probably proportional to the amount of sugar, but my gears seem only to be lots of sugar or no sugar. The sugar addict in me doesn't know the term "moderation". However, I seem to handle tiny amounts of honey OK (ie. in bread). I also get hangovers from too much fat, especially nuts. What's changed for you lately? Have you been having small amounts of sugar with these effects?

It seems the more I don't eat sugar, the worse my hangovers get now. You should see what happens when I drink alcohol!

Wanda