View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 21:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Oh my, what to say, O.K. first, I have at least one or two drinks every night Now, But had nothing for the first month. If you can not do with out it, then, maybe you are what used to be called a "gentleman Alchoholic". I had an Uncle who was one, he could never touch dinner til he had 2 drinks. ( my Aunt was a good cook, tee,hee).

So if you are counting your drinks as your carbs, rather than having the required carbs from veggies/dairy ect. then that will effect your loss. In the first month or so those 20 carbs in the form of good healthy food is very important.So that will be working against you.

Try test yourself, only allow one, for a few nights, then replace it with things like soda water and lemon or lime and a bunch of ice, see if you can go with out a real drink for a week and stick to the 20 carbs, see what happens.

I know I do better on white wine, than red, that's my drink of choice, and I can have hard stuff, with club soda, with no effect on my weight, but 2 a night is the max and not every night.

It is true what they say, it's not the amount of what you drink, it's what you can't go with out, that determines if you have a problem

Good Luck, I wish you well.
Kathy