View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 18:28

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

I like vitacost.com they have pharmaceutical grade (like SP, only less $$$) but also other good brands like Twinlab, Source Naturals, Solgar, etc.

These names have been around a long time, are found in healthfood stores (not places like Walmart, typically) and typically do not have stuff in the binders that are bad.

I've never heard of the brand you mentioned. I use capsules from Twinlab - the hard vitamins just end up, well, not absorbed, let's just say. I use a bunch of stuff - really depends on what kinds of problems you're addressing. For me, pms, allergies, and mood are big. If you aren't having any of that sort of thing, then a really good multi with adequate calcium would be good.

Re: smilies - they are to the left of the big grey box you type your message in. See? "Clickable Smilies"

Jinx

Edit: Checked out PP - I guess you would have to buy their brand b/c they don't carry many of say, Twinlab. I tried to look up the products I take but all I found was my Solgar Evening Primrose (w/vit e for better absorption) costs several dollars less than their brand - their shipping is $1 cheaper than vitacost. I also don't like that each time you click on "more info" about a product, you have to download a pdf fine. Just my 2 cents! Always looking for a bargain!! I also buy lots of natural/organic soaps, teas, toothpaste and stuff like that - ANYTHING is cheaper than the stores.