Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 09:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi WannaLoose:
Hmmm...let me think....
-eggs
-bacon (nitrates are bad but I need some goodies)
-meats (cooking a turkey right now - smells like Thanksgiving)
-most vegies
-granny smith apples (believe it or not, this is the only acceptable fruit for candida eating but since you are also Atkins, you may want to go easy on the amount ingested). I do not know how many carbs are in a granny smith (obvious the sugar count for this variety is much lower).
-I make low carb flaxseed muffins which are MUCH BETTER for my gut than regular baked products - a happy medium of sorts (there is alcohol in the extracts and sugar in the powdered splenda but I have to have something to make up for the lack of bakery items I can have).

We are not supposed to eat nuts because of the *fungus* that can grow on them but I figure that if I cut out everything that is interesting than I will not stick to the Atkins diet and will surely throw out the candida diet with it.

I use splenda but I know there are sugars in the powdered and don't know how good the drinks (without sugar, just splenda) are for me.
I drink AloeSplash which has 10% aloe vera juice (supposed to be good for the lining of the intestine) but has things like citric acid and ascorbic acid (vitamin C) which makes me wonder if that plus the splenda feeds my gut beasties - even if it is just a little.

Alternative Sweeteners:
You can use stevia (my powdered form is just bitter and gross haven't used it in 8-10 months) and there is FOS which tastes heavenly but costs a lot for the little sweet that you do get. I cross my fingers and hope that the splenda gods shine down on me and it doesn't feed the candida in the form of sweetened drinks (no reports that I can find on it - just word of mouth saying it is ok).
HTH