View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 09:48

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I nod my head in agreement at all the advice above. Just remember to be polite about it because they don't mean it as an attack to you per se. It is society telling us how we should and shouldn't eat, and it's also people feeling uncomfortable with our changes.

I do agree that you should bring a dessert. Like it's mentioned, try making the cheesecake. Better yet, why not make a double batch of homemace chocolate peanut butter cups? Keep them in the freezer until ready to serve. You probably have the ingredients on hand anyway, and it will change the focus on what you choose NOT to eat, to the goodies you DID bring!

Here is the recipe in case you have never seen it:

Homemde Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Melt 1 cube UNSALTED butter in microwave. Add 1/3 c. SPlenda (27 packets), 1 Tbsp. cocoa or 1 square unsweetened choc. Melt together. Add 1 Tbsp whipping cream, 4 tbsp natural peanut butter. Stir. Pour into cupcake cups and freeze. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
Depending on how you fill them, they are between 2 and 4 g. carbs each and so worth it.

Will you let us know how you do at the party? It may be the beginning of a new way of standing up for yourself. (I'm 43 too btw).
Hugs to you! Annie-Pie