View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 08:42
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have a problem with that one. In DANDR he states that fat is the only substance that does not alter blood sugar in any way and where the majority of your calories should come from. If you decrease fat you have to either decrease your overall calories, or increase your protien or carbs. Carbs you should be getting what ever the stage of Atkins your in allows, and on Protien you should just be getting what your body needs, generaly between 60-100g for women.

If you can decrease fat and still stay within a healthy calorie range, then go for it. If it cuts you way to low, then I wouldn't try it. Alot of people on induction eat a little to liberaly and end up consuming 300+g of protien a day and close to 3,000 calories. They may be assuming that you fall into that catagory and cutting fat would put your calories into a better range. You also notice it tells you not to do a low fat version.

I also don't like the fact it says no yogurt. I can understand that on induction, but on OWL I think it's a great addition Some people may not be able to handle it as well I supose.