Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 06:16
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamma
Hi, just wanted to say that abs shouldn't be worked more than about 3 days a week. Normally about 2 days a week, with a couple of days in between. You don't want to build the muscle there, just strengthen and tone it, and you want to give your muscle time to repair itself. If you overdo it you can make your waist thicker. This is information from a trainer. Hope that helps a bit My lower tummy and hips are my problem area...and I wish I could just do crunches every day and lose that layer! But I guess if it were that easy, none of us would be here

Hi EarthMamma - Now I'm confused, I was told by a trainer that the abs could be worked every day - because it was such a large muscle group. When I was going to the gym the schedules he made up for people alternated lower and upper but some ab work was done every time. Also for years when I wasn't going to gym but did calesthenic type exercises at home I would do 100 sit ups a day without a thickening or heavy muscle buildup. If the muscle dosen't have time to repair itself then it shouldn't build up ???

I agree the little poochy area below belly button is hard to get rid of.