#32   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 14:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Meats and fats leave little residue when properly digested. Vegetables, nuts, seeds and low-carb fruits provide plenty of fiber, although it's true your intake will be limited while eating very low carbs, such as Atkins Induction. A fiber supplement might be helpful, such as psyllium husks. Ground flax seeds are excellent too. Make sure you're consuming adequate fats & oils, and drinking lots of water; dehydration can lead to constipatioin no matter how much fiber you eat. If you're eating a carb-controlled diet of natural, minimally processed proteins and fats, along with plenty of leafy greens and other vegetables, then a fiber intake of 15g per day is quite adequate.

I get about 15g fiber per day, sometimes a bit less, but and I eat nothing except natural foods -- meats, eggs, little dairy, but lots of veggies, etc. My fat intake is about 65% per day, and I drink at least 3 liters of water per day, most days more. I eat more than 3 cups of green veggies per day. The psyllium husks I've been taking do nothing to move things along. The strange thing is that I'm losing weight fine -- where is the food going, cause it aint coming out the other end!?