View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 13:37
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

I must say that it would be very nice indeed for the gastroenterology people to "be up on" lo-carbers problems and give CORRECT advice. It was the surgeon who told me 30 grams per day fiber AFTER being inside my unhappy colon. They KNEW I was on Atkins too. They wrote 30 grams fiber per day on my discharge papers from the hospital. This varying of basic data is a real problem.

You all know that I am fussy about particulars...and that I follow my induction "to the letter"...always...pysillium is NOT an alternative for me and I have gone past it...Flax seeds (ground) are great for me as far as taking them and Not wanting to hurl...in fact, I think they are tasty! It has not been long enough as yet to tell what my "results" will be, and if 2 TBSP per day is enough for me.

My concern with fiber is not simply being able to have regularity...although that would be NICE ...I am concerned about a healthy, functioning, colon. The limited veggie , no nuts or fruits, of induction, simply create a problem for those of us who wish to stay on induction longer then 14 days and not turn purple from lack of colonic activity.

I will continue to work on the balance "for me". I can tell you that 15 grams of fiber for "me" is not enough. My colon laughs at 15 grams

I need more.

Best to all;
Jake